My dogs, of course!

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." - Unknown

Sunday, October 22, 2006

My Babies

I wish I had happier things to talk about. Last week, Roxie had an infection.... a pain in the butt, if you will. And it required minor surgical intervention, antibiotics, and pain killers. I'll spare you the gory details. Suffice it to say, she's on the mend and doing well right now and is definitely back to her usual terrier self. The hubby started teaching her a new trick only yesterday and she's definitely enthused about having something new to do and getting the food rewards for a job well done. I won't go into too many details just yet, but it has to do with getting her to put away her toys.

More seriously, today, Boris had a seizure. The hubby and I were at our computers when we heard Boris start thrashing on the couch. When we ran to see what was happening, we saw Boris in a rather intense seizure. It lasted probably from 1-2 minutes. It took a little while for Boris to regain his senses and realize who we even were. But right now, he seems to be back to his normal self and is resting. We called the emergency vet clinic and they said that if Boris has another seizure, we should bring him in right away, otherwise we can wait until his appointment with the doctor tomorrow.

Today is exactly 16 months since Boris had his amputation surgery. It's amazing that he's here and doing ok over 16 months since his diagnosis of osteosarcoma. But the seizure today was a cold reminder that the cancer can turn on him (us) in an instant. We'll see what the doctors have to say tomorrow and deal with whatever comes as best as we possibly can.

In the meantime, I get to treasure moments like these, when the dogs are beyond the cutest, sweetest things I've ever seen....

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home