My dogs, of course!

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." - Unknown

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Hangin' At The Park

Since the weather was ok today, albeit a bit chilly because of the wind, I decided to take the dogs out to the park. I got tired of waiting around the house for Boris' doctors to call me back. His regular doctor did call while we were out and said that Bor's bloodwork was unremarkable. I guess that's good and bad. Good, because one of the bloodtests can indicate the presence of tumor. Bad, because there's no indication of a cause for his seizure. Waiting to hear from his oncologist. Might take another day or so.

Now that it's getting cooler, walking at the park is a lot easier for Boris. The summer heat really drained him of his energy and he usually needed several breaks to rest and get some energy to continue walking. Today was much more comfortable for him and he really enjoyed soaking up the great outdoors.



Roxie thought the great outdoors was a little bit chilly and she was glad to have her jacket on.



I thought I would try to get a picture of me and the dogs, but it proved to be difficult because my arm isn't long enough to get the camera far enough away to get us all in the picture properly, so these were the best I could do.







Back in the cozy confines of the DogMobile. Mom, you promised you would take us to Chick-Fil-A!



Roxie hasn't realized that fastfood drive-thrus can be fun and a source of goodies. Boris learned very early on that if he was cute and sweet, the people at the drive-thru window would give him goodies and that something in the to-go bag was for him. So he always waits patiently and quietly while I order and get the food. Roxie, on the other hand, barks like a banshee at the voice coming out of the box at the drive-thru. Today, she was so bad that the lady taking my order asked me if there was anyone else in the car that wanted something, maybe a combo meal, because she was sure she could have sworn my dog said something like that. Glad the lady had a sense of humor about all that barking!

3 Comments:

  • At 4:27 PM, Blogger bahnsidthe said…

    For your information, madame, banshees (aka bansidthe) do not bark, they scream :-) Glad you had a nice outing with the poochies. Hope all is well.

     
  • At 9:47 PM, Blogger TheDoberwoman said…

    Apparently, you are unfamiliar with the rare, black and tan, barking banshee... ;)

     
  • At 11:24 PM, Blogger JamesF said…

    I thought some of the handheld shots looked pretty good. Much better than when I attempt that trick with my camera.

    In the future though, try the timer mode and setting it down somewhere. Works pretty well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home