New RAE!!!!
Despite the pouring rain, Roxie finished her RAE today!!! WOOOOOOHOOOOO ROXIE!!!!!!
Our Excellent run was really pretty good, except for a 10 point deduction we got on the moving down exercise. Rox's elbows weren't touching the ground the first time we tried it, so I gave it a re-try, and she did the very same thing and left her elbows off the ground by a hair's breadth. So close to being perfect!! But just not down *all* the way, so that was a mandatory 10 points off. Can't say I blame Rox and it wasn't entirely unexpected... the ground was cold and soggy! Other than that, our run was good and we got a few points off for lagging and one for a wide turn, for a score of 86 -- just missing out on placements.
"So what are we doing today, Mom?"

"Wonder twin powers... activate!"

Excellent B run:
"That was a nice Excellent run, Roxie! Now it's time for the Honor Exercise."

Roxie meditates between runs.

We'd been really lucky with the weather, which had been threatening nasty rain since we got up this morning, but had so far stayed away... up until our Advanced walk-thru, when the skies opened up. I debated packing up and not having Roxie show in the rain, but I figured that since we'd already Q'd in Excellent, that it was worth a shot trying for that Advanced Q we needed for our title today. I was really questioning my decision when it started raining even harder when it was our turn in the ring. Still, I figured that if Roxie didn't want to work once we got in the ring, it would be perfectly fine and ok with me, because it really was a lot to ask of her to work in a downpour. Since Rox didn't have any protection from the rain, I put the hood on my hoodie sweatshirt down so that we'd be out in the rain getting soaked together as a team and decided to do my best to get Rox through that course quickly and out of the rain while trying not to NQ.
Advanced run:
Ok, so maybe it wasn't our sharpest performance and when she wasn't busy shaking all the rain off herself, Roxie looked like she was trying to make a beeline for the judge's tent a couple of times to hide from the rain. No one accused her of being dumb! She probably thought I was completely crazy for staying out in the pouring rain! I did re-tries on two exercises and took awhile to make sure she was all the way down on her down exercise (she was taking her sweet old time about it!), but we made it through our run, a whole lot soggier, but with a new title. We ended up scoring a 93 for this run, also just missing out on a placement. By the end of our run, everyone in the tent cheered for Roxie making it through with a Q. So many dogs NQ'd today out there and the conditions were pretty rough for the dogs. It was a huge relief to make it out of the ring again with the last Q we needed.
We're soaked!

We did it!!! Roxie is now officially "Mischief's Rock Candy RAE, CGC"

"No, Mom... I'm officially *done* with working in the rain today!!!"

Time for a celebratory bacon cheeseburger!

"It's all MINE!!!"

I'm completely in awe of how much Roxie is willing to do for me... she worked in a downpour! She is truly an amazing, special little dog. It's such and honor and so humbling to live with and be loved by such an extraordinary dog.

Great job, Roxie!!!
Our Excellent run was really pretty good, except for a 10 point deduction we got on the moving down exercise. Rox's elbows weren't touching the ground the first time we tried it, so I gave it a re-try, and she did the very same thing and left her elbows off the ground by a hair's breadth. So close to being perfect!! But just not down *all* the way, so that was a mandatory 10 points off. Can't say I blame Rox and it wasn't entirely unexpected... the ground was cold and soggy! Other than that, our run was good and we got a few points off for lagging and one for a wide turn, for a score of 86 -- just missing out on placements.

"Wonder twin powers... activate!"

Excellent B run:
"That was a nice Excellent run, Roxie! Now it's time for the Honor Exercise."

Roxie meditates between runs.

We'd been really lucky with the weather, which had been threatening nasty rain since we got up this morning, but had so far stayed away... up until our Advanced walk-thru, when the skies opened up. I debated packing up and not having Roxie show in the rain, but I figured that since we'd already Q'd in Excellent, that it was worth a shot trying for that Advanced Q we needed for our title today. I was really questioning my decision when it started raining even harder when it was our turn in the ring. Still, I figured that if Roxie didn't want to work once we got in the ring, it would be perfectly fine and ok with me, because it really was a lot to ask of her to work in a downpour. Since Rox didn't have any protection from the rain, I put the hood on my hoodie sweatshirt down so that we'd be out in the rain getting soaked together as a team and decided to do my best to get Rox through that course quickly and out of the rain while trying not to NQ.
Ok, so maybe it wasn't our sharpest performance and when she wasn't busy shaking all the rain off herself, Roxie looked like she was trying to make a beeline for the judge's tent a couple of times to hide from the rain. No one accused her of being dumb! She probably thought I was completely crazy for staying out in the pouring rain! I did re-tries on two exercises and took awhile to make sure she was all the way down on her down exercise (she was taking her sweet old time about it!), but we made it through our run, a whole lot soggier, but with a new title. We ended up scoring a 93 for this run, also just missing out on a placement. By the end of our run, everyone in the tent cheered for Roxie making it through with a Q. So many dogs NQ'd today out there and the conditions were pretty rough for the dogs. It was a huge relief to make it out of the ring again with the last Q we needed.





I'm completely in awe of how much Roxie is willing to do for me... she worked in a downpour! She is truly an amazing, special little dog. It's such and honor and so humbling to live with and be loved by such an extraordinary dog.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home