My dogs, of course!

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." - Unknown

Friday, May 23, 2008

RAE Leg #2

We're currently out in Hampton, VA for three days to do some rally trials at a big show here which is being held in conjunction with the Manchester Terrier national specialty. I'm proud to say that Roxie earned her second RAE leg today with scores of 94 in Excellent B and 83 in Advanced B.

Excellent B run:



Advanced B run:



I thought Roxie's performances were *really* nice today. Her attention on me was very nice and she executed the exercises very well. The score for her Advanced run really didn't reflect how well she did out there today. I accidentally ticked the jump post with the tip of my finger in Advanced B and I *think* we lost 10 points for that. Again, this judge didn't allow us to see the score sheets, so I can't confirm this, but touching the jump (by either dog or handler) would result in a 10 point deduction. This judge was pretty tough on scoring all around for everyone and sure seemed to deduct every little thing. Some days, that's just how it goes. The bottom line is that Roxie looked good out there and put together two strong runs in the ring today, working on less than her usual amount of sleep, the long ride to get out here, and having her whole usual routine being disrupted. Super job, Roxie!!!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home