My dogs, of course!

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." - Unknown

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Showtime!

Roxie had her first Rally trial of the year today. We haven't done any trials since early last October, so I felt really nervous and out of practice in the ring today. In spite of the five month lay-off, Roxie came away with her first RE leg and a respectable score of 84. Thanks to a stupid handler error on my part, we had a 10 point deduction on one exercise because I rushed the Halt-stand-down exercise. Roxie didn't get the chance to sit before I rushed her into the stand. Totally not her fault at all. Stupid nerves got the best of me this time. I need to slow down and relax so Roxie can do her job! In spite of my error, we had a pretty decent run otherwise. Roxie was a bit laggy and distracted on some parts of the course, but it was totally expected considering we were both out of practice. Most importantly, Roxie earned her first RE leg in her first trial this year. Go, Roxie!!!

Roxie strikes a pose before her turn in the ring:



Our run today:



Yay!!! Our first RE leg!


Our next Rally trial is at the end of the month, so we have a couple of weeks to practice and polish up our moves. And hopefully, I won't be as nervous in the ring next time!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:16 PM, Blogger Dan said…

    Way to go Rox! Keep up the good work!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home