My dogs, of course!

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." - Unknown

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Puppy!!!

Things have been a little crazy around here the past couple of days. On Sunday, we brought our new Doberman puppy home. His name is.... *drumroll* ... Viggo (VEE-go). Months ago, the hubby and I were talking about puppy names and the hubby came up with that name and ever since, "Viggo" was going to be the name of our next Doberman.

Viggo is a bundle of energy, bold, inquisitive, into everything. Already, he is displaying some typical Doberman traits like loving his comfort and snuggling. He's also quickly catching on to his name, learning sit, and has already learned to climb up the stairs. Not too bad for only having been on this planet for 9.5 weeks and in our pack for 48 hours.

It's been hard to get any decent pictures of our new squiggly puppy, but we managed to get a few...




How does Roxie feel about her new little brother? Well, she's taking it in stride, alternating between teaching him the rules of her castle and running circles around him in the backyard. Viggo weighs more than Roxie does already, but she's still a little bit taller than he is... for now.


Overall, Roxie seems to be ok with the new addition to our pack and I know she'll enjoy having canine companionship again, especially once Viggo learns that she's the resident princess here. He has so much to learn!


We're all getting used to having a puppy in the house again. It's a lot of work and lots of lost sleep, but it's always more than worth it when your puppy turns into the wonderful companion that you dreamed he or she could be. And these puppy days and weeks will fly by in the blink of an eye and Viggo will be a big moose before we know it. I'm looking forward to watching him grow and take his spot in our hearts.

8 Comments:

  • At 10:49 PM, Blogger The Dogfather said…

    Love that last one!
    He's in his "grown-up" bed... all 19 pounds of him. It's just funny to see him engulfed in a bed that he will eventually have legs hanging off when stretching.
    Now if we could just get through the night... ;-)

     
  • At 8:18 AM, Blogger Chef KJ said…

    OMG! Those ears...those eyes...I just want to reach through the screen and hug him. Don't worry Viggo, your Aunt Kim will be there to pester you with homemade bacon & cheese cookies in no time at all!

     
  • At 5:53 PM, Blogger Chef KJ said…

    Question...are his eyes really blue? They look blue in the pictures. A beautiful blue!

     
  • At 5:56 PM, Blogger Chef KJ said…

    Okay, I'm stupid. They are obviously not blue, that's just a flash thing. I can see from looking closely at one of the other pictures that his eyes are a beautiful brown.

    I have seriously visited your blog a bunch of times today just to look at the pictures again and again...I'm a sop.

     
  • At 11:36 PM, Blogger JamesF said…

    Very cute. Makes me want a puppy (until I read Ken's comment about being up at night).

    When I hear the name though I think of Peter Gabriel's Biko song for some reason. You should have Ken rewrite the lyrics to be a theme song for Viggo.

     
  • At 2:56 PM, Blogger Dan said…

    Now where have I seen that last pose before... looks REALLY familiar!

     
  • At 3:12 PM, Blogger x4amommy said…

    Awe my new nephew is adorable. I can't wait to meet him. :) Having a new puppy is like having a baby only the puppy gets through the training stages alot faster (lucky you)

     
  • At 4:19 PM, Blogger bahnsidthe said…

    woof woof

     

Post a Comment

<< Home