I'd Rather Not Be Doing Yardwork
Went to the park early this morning because I wanted to get some yardwork done at home afterwards. Well, that and Roxie and I had the misfortune of walking by a couple in the woods who were, um, well doing things not fit for public display when we went for our walk yesterday afternoon. So I think I'll return to walking with her in the mornings. Anyway, there were some geese out today and Roxie found them interesting.

I'm happy to report that we did not run into the couple from yesterday while we were out for our walk today. Good thing too, because I had my camera with me today!
Back at home, I spent a few hours mowing, weed whacking, planting some grass seed, and pulling a whole lot of weeds. Roxie was in charge of raking, but I don't really think she took her job seriously enough.

We had a great set of run-thrus at our rally class last night and really good classes tonight, with the exception of one thing on the run-thru of the Advanced course. Roxie did fantastic, but I totally blew by a sign. If that happened at a trial it would be an NQ, so I just need to remember to take my time and hit all the stations and read the signs. At trials, we'll get a map of the course, so it'll give me more of an opportunity to go over it in my head, so hopefully, I won't make these kinds of mistakes again. Roxie did all her work beautifully, so I'm not as worried about how she'll react at the trial doing off-leash work. I feel good about the upcoming trial this Saturday. We're as ready as we can be!

I'm happy to report that we did not run into the couple from yesterday while we were out for our walk today. Good thing too, because I had my camera with me today!
Back at home, I spent a few hours mowing, weed whacking, planting some grass seed, and pulling a whole lot of weeds. Roxie was in charge of raking, but I don't really think she took her job seriously enough.

We had a great set of run-thrus at our rally class last night and really good classes tonight, with the exception of one thing on the run-thru of the Advanced course. Roxie did fantastic, but I totally blew by a sign. If that happened at a trial it would be an NQ, so I just need to remember to take my time and hit all the stations and read the signs. At trials, we'll get a map of the course, so it'll give me more of an opportunity to go over it in my head, so hopefully, I won't make these kinds of mistakes again. Roxie did all her work beautifully, so I'm not as worried about how she'll react at the trial doing off-leash work. I feel good about the upcoming trial this Saturday. We're as ready as we can be!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home