One More
Roxie got an extra Rally Novice bumper leg today with a score of 96. She did a really nice job and I was very happy with her great enthusiasm and attention out there today. Today's course was loaded with sits - 6 plus the front on the recall - so there was lots of opportunity for the judge to take points off for crooked sits. Rox had a couple of crooked sits which cost us a couple of points and in the middle of our very last exercise, she sat down and started scratching at her collar! I wasn't sure what to do - whether to retry the exercise or keep going, so I just waited until she was done scratching her itch and since she stayed sitting, I decided that she was in position enough to continue on with the exercise. I knew we'd lose points, I just wasn't sure how many. As it turned out, we would have lost more points if I'd attempted to redo that exercise.
Here's our run from today:
Roxie did really well this weekend and yet again, proved that she can handle herself and work well under the stressful conditions at a show. Not sure when our next Rally trial will be, but we're probably going to do a couple more at the Novice level and then decide about moving up to Advanced. For now though, Roxie has earned some well-deserved rest and relaxation from this weekend's craziness. The poor girl hasn't gotten much sleep this weekend since she was up all day at the shows. She'll get her walk at the park tomorrow and maybe we'll also hit one of the pet shops for a less itchy collar. ;-)
Here's our run from today:
Roxie did really well this weekend and yet again, proved that she can handle herself and work well under the stressful conditions at a show. Not sure when our next Rally trial will be, but we're probably going to do a couple more at the Novice level and then decide about moving up to Advanced. For now though, Roxie has earned some well-deserved rest and relaxation from this weekend's craziness. The poor girl hasn't gotten much sleep this weekend since she was up all day at the shows. She'll get her walk at the park tomorrow and maybe we'll also hit one of the pet shops for a less itchy collar. ;-)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home