Let The Madness Begin!
Today, I finally got up enough courage to send out an entry form for Roxie's very first Rally trial. Well, actually it was two entry forms. I forgot to put a stamp on the first one, so it's trapped in the mailbox now. And on the second one, I neglected to print out the "agreement and rules" on the reverse side of the entry form, which is required for your entry to be processed. I was about to drop a third form in the mail when I decided to call the show superintendent to see what I should do. The lady was very kind and told me that this time, since she knew my entry was coming, she would attach the paper that I forgot. It's a good thing too, because at this rate, she was going to get a dozen improperly filled out forms from me! Ok, so maybe I'm a little nervous! Obedience trials with Boris always caused me a bit of stress (madness!) even though I had a ton of confidence in how reliable he was under those circumstances. This is going to be interesting. I haven't set foot into an obedience ring for six years! And this will be Roxie's debut in any kind of performance venue as well, so how she handles the show environment is very much an unknown at this point, which is most definitely contributing to my nerves. We have some practice and perfecting to do before the trial next month, but I think we're ready. If I can keep control over my nerves so as not to distract Roxie by acting weird, all will be well.
And so it begins.....
And so it begins.....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home