My dogs, of course!

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." - Unknown

Sunday, December 31, 2006

For Auld Lang Syne

As far as memories go, 2006 will always be the year that I lost Boris. As difficult as it's been, we made some good memories this year that I will always cherish.

Boris celebrated his 9th birthday in February. It was a milestone and a very sweet celebration of his life. After his osteosarcoma diagnosis, I honestly had no idea whether he would make it to this birthday. But he did! He loved his cake and unwrapping all his presents, just as he did every year. And this year, I didn't even make him wear the obligatory party hat.



We went to the Outer Banks, NC for two weeks in April/May. All of us, especially the dogs, loved the beach and had a lot of fun. I can't wait to go back.





We had so many great trips to the park. Being out there with the dogs, seeing them enjoy taking all the sights and sounds and smells in, is such a beautiful thing to watch and learn from. Whether resting, running, or exploring, they always did it together, and we always had a lot of fun out there.





So many special memories came from the seemingly mundane moments.... watching the dogs play out in the yard, lounging in the house, and just doing ordinary things in our daily routine.






Thanks for the memories, 2006. Looking forward to making many new ones in 2007.

Happy New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home