My dogs, of course!

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." - Unknown

Friday, November 10, 2006

To Roxie

Dearest Roxie -

I know you mourn the loss of Boris, too. I don't know how it is exactly that you mourn, but I'm certain that you know he's not coming back. I saw it in your eyes when you pulled away from him when we were all together at the vet's office to say our very last and final goodbye. I had to let you see that for yourself, so you wouldn't look for him or wait for him to come back home. I'm so sorry that your big brother, teacher, protector, playmate, partner in crime, friend, and companion that you've known and adored from the very first day you came into our pack is gone. We all miss him.

I want you to know that we don't expect you to be him or to replace him. You are your own dog and we love you for that. I'm so glad that you had the chance to know him and a part of him will always live on through you. He taught you so many things.

While we all share our sadness and learn to live with his loss, I am looking forward to allowing our own bond to grow even deeper and blossom into something beyond amazing. We have a lot of fun times ahead of us. And I know you have a lot to teach me. I hope you're ready. I know I am.

Love always-

Momma

PS - I hope you had fun going to Wendy's for chicken nuggets and that you enjoyed our big walk at the park today. I sure did!







*** Thanks, Dan. It was just what I needed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home