Introducing.....
Mischief's Rock Candy, RN!!!
Roxie earned her Rally Novice title today with a score of 97. Today was a bit nerve-wracking since we were the first team to go into the ring in our class. I think my nervousness from that contributed to Roxie's distraction in a couple of spots during our performance today, though she still did a nice job.
Here's her title-earning run:
We have another trial tomorrow at the same venue in Maryland. We have the option of "moving up" to the next higher class (Rally Advanced), but I think Roxie and I could definitely use the practice at the Novice level for another trial (or two, or three!) before we give up the safety of the leash and have to do all our work off leash! This is a learning process for us both, so I want to have a good foundation for her and not rush us through this and just have fun along each step of the way.
Roxie earned her Rally Novice title today with a score of 97. Today was a bit nerve-wracking since we were the first team to go into the ring in our class. I think my nervousness from that contributed to Roxie's distraction in a couple of spots during our performance today, though she still did a nice job.
Here's her title-earning run:
We have another trial tomorrow at the same venue in Maryland. We have the option of "moving up" to the next higher class (Rally Advanced), but I think Roxie and I could definitely use the practice at the Novice level for another trial (or two, or three!) before we give up the safety of the leash and have to do all our work off leash! This is a learning process for us both, so I want to have a good foundation for her and not rush us through this and just have fun along each step of the way.

1 Comments:
At 6:10 PM,
JamesF said…
Ok, when I saw the title "Introducing....." the first thing I thought was maybe you guys had gotten another dog. The title thing never even occurred to me (probably since I didn't know titles could be earned at those events).
Congratulations on doing so well.
Post a Comment
<< Home