My dogs, of course!

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." - Unknown

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Happy New Year

Ok, so it's a little bit late, but Happy New Year anyway.

What's been going on with us? Well, we drove to Texas for Christmas to spend some time with the hubby's family. Roxie was less than thrilled with spending 2 days in the car going to TX and 2 more days coming back, but I hope the little princess appreciates that we made the mega-drive in the first place so that she could spend Christmas with us, rather than at a doggy spa.


She liked when we stopped for lunch somewhere in Arkansas to let her run a little bit and chase her Cuz ball in a nice field:


She definitely enjoyed going for walks and romping in her Nana and PopPop's backyard. And of course, she got some great Christmas presents too:




We managed to take an afternoon to drive around and check out some neighborhoods that looked like they had good potential for us to perhaps relocate to some day. Brand new constructions on 1 acre lots in TX cost less than townhouses in northern Virginia. And it seems like everyone has a dog down there and that it's really dog-friendly. I could get used to that!

Now that we've had a couple weeks to settle into life back at home, we're about to turn everything upside down and get a puppy! We'll be bringing our newest pack member home tomorrow... stay tuned for updates and pictures.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:56 AM, Blogger Chef KJ said…

    I'm tuned...I'm tuned...

    But Theo is very curious. What is the baby's name? How have the first few days been? How is Roxy reacting?

    And as for relocating....grrrrrrrr....

     
  • At 9:59 PM, Blogger TheDoberwoman said…

    I swear, relocating is totally Ken's idea! ;-)

     
  • At 11:11 PM, Blogger The Dogfather said…

    What?
    OMG! I've been bamboozled!

    Or... to quote a former Mayor...

    "G[censored] d[censored] b[censored], set me up!"

    (They like baked goods in Texas! I SWEAR!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home