My dogs, of course!

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." - Unknown

Monday, January 21, 2008

It's Been One Week...

Viggo has been here with us for just over a week now and he seems to be adjusting well. All of us are, I'd say. Roxie is enjoying having someone to play and run with and she's doing a great job at teaching Viggo the ropes. I think he's really learned that it's *not* a good idea to bite her tail. The hubby and I are getting used to the craziness of having a puppy around too. It hasn't been too bad getting up in the middle of the night to let Viggo out. I've found that sleeping in sweats makes it a lot easier to get out of a nice warm bed in the wee hours to brave the cold to let Viggo out to potty. :D

Here are some photos from this past week:



Roxie tells Viggo a secret... "I'm the boss around here!"





In the last photo, Viggo has curled himself up in one of Roxie's beds... and it's actually a cat bed. It's funny to think that he actually fits in that bed, considering that he'll probably end up being around 80-85 pounds when he's fully grown. He probably won't be able to fit in that bed a month from now, but somehow, I think he'll still try!

Viggo is already enrolled in his first puppy class. It was supposed to start last Thursday, but was canceled due to the terrible snowy weather we had. I think he'll enjoy getting to see new stuff at puppy class and he'll be able to burn off some of that limitless puppy energy of his. He's had a busy week already, what with getting acclimated to his new pack, having a bath in the kitchen sink, going for his new puppy vet visit, and getting his nails Dremeled. He's been pretty unfazed by all the new stuff thrown his way, with the exception of when I turned on my hairdryer. Since he hasn't been bothered by really anything around here, I didn't even think twice about what he'd think of the hairdryer when I needed to use it. He ran the other way! I'm sure he'll get used to the noise it makes though, especially since he quickly got used to the sound of the Dremel. I'll just have to remember not to ambush him with the vacuum cleaner when I need to use it!

3 Comments:

  • At 4:35 PM, Blogger The Dogfather said…

    I still can't believe you terrorized the poor thing with you giant evil air mover!
    *grin*

    Ok ok, I'll help. You handing him cheese while I dremel'd was very useful. Behold! The POWER of Cheeeese!

     
  • At 8:44 PM, Blogger Dan said…

    Hah! At least it won't be as bad as having a 60 pound golden retriever try to burrow her way into you via your crotch!

    Of course a 90 pound dober doing the same thing with puppy-power might be a little worse...

     
  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger x4amommy said…

    He is adorable. :) Yeah you better watch out for that vaccum he is gonna really not like you for that one.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home