My dogs, of course!

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." - Unknown

Friday, October 17, 2008

New England Getaway

The dogs, the Hubby and I took a trip to Rhode Island last weekend for a family reunion of sorts for the Hubby. The drive was quite long and tiring, but the fall foliage was quite pretty along the drive and it was good to see everyone. I didn't get to meet all of the Hubby's extended Rhode Island family because I made a little side trip of my own to Salem, MA to visit my dog-loving sister whom I hadn't seen in probably about 10 years. I don't know where the time goes, but somehow too many years had gone by without us seeing each other. I hadn't ever met her Boxer boy (he's 7 years old!!) and she hadn't met Roxie or Viggo. I'm really glad I had the chance to visit with her while in the area because she gave me some much needed advice on how to deal with our dear, crazy adolescent Viggo, and I got some extra pointers for fine-tuning Roxie's obedience work. I do so very much wish we lived closer to one another so we could visit more often!

The dogs were very well-behaved on our 10 hour road trip to and from RI and on the extra little side trip to Salem. I'm happy to report that they shared the backseat of the car without too much of any squabble, other than Roxie protesting quite indignantly when Viggo got up to shift positions and ended up sitting on her. On our road trip to Texas last Christmas, Roxie was very unsettled and ended up riding in my lap for most of the 4 day car ride. But with Viggo in the back with her on this trip, Roxie was settled enough to rest and get a little nap or two. She's like me on car rides -- I find it very difficult to sleep. Viggo, on the other hand, sleeps through most of the ride, much like the Hubby would, if he weren't driving.


At a rest stop somewhere in Pennsylvania:


The dogs napping peacefully:


Viggo wonders, "Where are we??!"



Roxie enjoyed exploring the beach and taking a dip in the ocean in Rhode Island:






Viggo opted to stay ashore and RUN on the ample lawns at the beach house:


And Viggo had a blast playing with his cousin Nero in Salem:




Roxie took her vacation very seriously and made sure to do a lot of lounging whenever she could:




Viggo and Dad mug for the camera:


Me and the dogs:


I think we all had a good time and it was nice to get away and see our loved ones. Take care, and see you next time!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home