My dogs, of course!

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." - Unknown

Friday, April 28, 2006

Agility


After being off all winter, agility classes started back up a couple of weeks ago. Roxie and I were both new to agility when we first took classes last year. I'm afraid to admit that she is much better at agility than I am. She learned the obstacles in no time. I, on the other hand, still struggle with my handling and lack of experience running obstacle sequences and figuring out which is the most efficient way to have Roxie do the obstacles. I feel like a total klutz out there! But things are slowly starting to make sense and hopefully I'll get the hang of things so that I'm not a total embarrassment to my dog. So, in an effort to facilitate my learning, I enrolled us in agility classes at A Click Above in addition to the classes we're already taking with Mattaponi Kennel Club. I'd really love to have Roxie ready enough to enter an agility trial this fall, but we'll have to see how training goes. Until then, we're just having fun learning the intricacies of agility together and enjoying our girls' nights out at training classes.



* The wonderful tire jump featured in the first photo and the bar jump in the background of the second photo were crafted and built by my amazing husband.... thanks honey for putting up with all my crazy dog stuff! *

2 Comments:

  • At 9:06 PM, Blogger JamesF said…

    My kids have requested video of the Roxie going through the obstacle course.

    If it's not too much trouble. And is the bar jump made from PVC pipe?

     
  • At 12:58 PM, Blogger TheDoberwoman said…

    Sure! I'll see if I can get Ken to come along to agility class with me one night and get some footage of Roxie doing one of the impromptu courses they set up for us.

    (and yes, the jumps were made from PVC pipe)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home